This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netflow report, - Internal vs. Internet traffic

I believe I can create a very useful report by mining data in NTA.

All of the internal addresses at my company are RFC 1918 addresses. (Mostly 10.0.0.0 /8.)

I wonder if the report write could generate a report based on netflow data as to how much of the traffic on my network is internal,,, & how much is routed to the internet.

Let's says I want to examine our users at the corp headquarters building.

How much traffic is from 10.0.0.0 / 8 to a 10.0.0.0 /8 address ?
Anything from 10.0.0.0 / 8 to a non-RFC 1918 address is internet traffic.

Can I create a report like that & leave the results on a pie chart ?

• Yes, I think you can accomplish this fairly easily and intuitively with NTA. 

For example, I wanted to display information learned through NTA that showed which the top destination domains my organization uses.  Using only the canned options in NTA, I was able to get all the graphed views and pie graphs I wanted, and have them filter out any of my own organization's internal domains, thus showing only outside domains in the graphs.

I believe you can do the same, simply filtering out the 10.x addresses you don't want shown.

Here's what I built:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png