This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Error 5.7.57 SMTP

When I configure my Orion NPM "Default Send Email Action" I specify a return email address (Office 365 distribution group) that authenticates with a specific mailbox that has "Send As" permission for the distribution group. When I "Send Test Email", everything works great and I receive the email as a member of the distribution group. However, when I am supposed to get a real alert, I get an error:

"Sending the email to %DistributionGroup% with subject ALERT: %ServerHostname% has rebooted. using SMTP Server smtp.office365.com failed. The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.57 SMTP; Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM"

• I am not attempting to send anonymous mail.
  • Test email works and I receive the message so authentication is not the issue.
  • Yes, we are using TCP\587 TLS.

Does anyone have an idea why this might be the case?

Thank you,

Scott Shackleton