This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

how reset Ticket Custom Field?

I've used a "ticket custom field" (a single choise type: "not yet; done") to trigger an action rule

This field is an "Additional Activated Custom Field" for only one state, not visible by any Request Type.

After using this custom field to enable the rule of action and change state to the ticket the field remains visible.

I want to see this field ONLY if the thicket has a state and not another!

How do I reset this field and bring it back to null?

Thanks

Adriano

• As of now custom fields do not support any type of logic to allow something like this to work. You can upvote and or comment on this existing feature request.

• Interesting your idea but is not what i'm looking for: i don't need (yet) a logic for custom fields!

I need a way to unset (or set to NULL) a custom field (a single choise type) by an action role

I've a custom field visible only in during a state (State_A).

After it was set this field remains visible in other states (State_B, State_C and so on)!

How can i hide it when it doesn't serve to me?

• There is an option in Ticket Options called Automatically Delete Obsolete Custom Fields but this is a global setting.

Once that is set you can relate the Custom Fields to a Status Type which you can then link to an Action Rule, might this achieve what you are after?