1.What industry is your company in?
2. How large is your IT shop? (Small (1-250 elements); Medium (251 – 2000 elements); Large (2001 to 10000 elements); Extra-large (greater than 10,000 elements)
3. Which SolarWinds product are you writing this review for?
NPM, SAM, NTA, NCM, WPA, Vman
4. What problem were you trying to solve when you purchased?
Notification of network and server problems and uptime/bandwidth utilization
5. Did you consider options other than SolarWinds? Who?
Yes were previous WUG users in addition to other tools including kiwi toolset
6. How are you using the product and what benefits have you seen?
We are not using the toolset enterprise wide and have a growing user base involved in making our monitoring beneficial to many different groups within the entire organization.
Our most recent addition NCM has really expanded on our previous network device configuration management and also auditing. Previously we used kiwi to back up our router and switch configurations and used another 3rd party tool for compliance. Now using NCM we have been able to replace both tools with one that's perfectly integrated in our already functioning Orion architecture and growing AppStack picture. The immediate benefit is that everything is there in one place in a top down visual representation of the state of our entire enterprise CONUS and OCONUS! With everything web based now it makes it easy for many users and managers to consume data while also allowing administrators to manage nodes, create and run reports. We are constantly improving and growing in our use of the Orion NPM and it's modules. Each new module we've added has added to our picture improving our ability to effectively manage our infrastructure.