This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ubiquiti Device.ConnectivityTest.Login connection refused by remote host

I am currently trying to set up KiwiCatTools to take a Device.Backup.Running Config of my current Microwave Links which are NanoBridge M5, I have CatTools working for Dell /Cisco and HP Switches.

Following the advice in this discussion Re: Automate backup of config from Ubiquiti NanoBridge M5 (DD-WRT)​​ , I set the devices as Linux.RedHat.Bash and have double checked all usernames and passwords are correct and have also added the prompt fields that appear when using SSH to access the links.

Can ping all devices from CatTools but Device.ConnectivityTest.Login always fails.

Firmware on nanobridges is XM.v5.6.7.

Cattools 3.11 (enterprise)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Can you enable capture mode (File\Enable capture mode)?  Look in the \CatTools3\Debug folder for the capture file.  Please remove any sensitive information, and post the contents of the file.

• Hello bkyle,

Thank you for the reply please find below the debug file. However it states that i have not entered the prompts but will attach screenshot of the aforementioned.

<NEWSESSION CatTools 3.11.0 25/07/2016 09:21:38>

<PROTOCOL=Telnet>

<DEVICE TYPE=Linux.RedHat.Bash>

<ACTIVITY TYPE=Device.ConnectivityTest.Login>

<ACTIVITY SCRIPT=C:\Program Files (x86)\CatTools3\Scripts\Client.Device.ConnectivityTest.Login.txt>

<USERS NAME FOR DEVICE=ML-M-000002>

<C Err=The requested connection has been refused by the remote host. 09:21:39>

<D 09:21:39>

<SCRIPT VALUES>

<HOSTNAME="">

<PROMPT VTY="">

<PROMPT ENABLE="">

<PROMPT CONFIG="">

<C Err=The requested connection has been refused by the remote host. 09:21:40>

<D 09:21:40>

<SCRIPT VALUES>

<HOSTNAME="">

<PROMPT VTY="">

<PROMPT ENABLE="">

<PROMPT CONFIG="">

<C Err=The requested connection has been refused by the remote host. 09:21:41>

<D 09:21:41>

<SCRIPT VALUES>

<HOSTNAME="">

<PROMPT VTY="">

<PROMPT ENABLE="">

<PROMPT CONFIG="">

imagePrompts.png

• Are you connection via telnet or ssh?  Is ssh, which type are you using?

• Hi Bkyle,

On the Device Info tab for the Ubiquiti Device, in connection method I was using telnet (my bad).

Following your advice I tried connecting via SSH1 and then SSH2.

I now have the Device.ConnectivityTest.Login working and the Device.Backup.Running Config operating successfully.

I thank you for your help.