5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2016 1:37 PM by charlesnm

Desktop Node Health Overview

charlesnm

Why does the Desktop Node Health Overview on our web site show computers needing updates so many computers?

Currently Orion web site show we have 1852 computers needing updates, but when i try to research these computers are update to date?

• Re: Desktop Node Health Overview
          Michael Halpin

Can you explain in a bit more detail what you mean by "when i try to research these computers are update to date?". Is there the original WSUS or a new one? Have there been any changes to products or classifications?

charlesnm

If you look at the screen shot below on Desktop Node Health Overview according to Patchmanger there are 1864 PC needing updates.  But when I try to research these PCs I show that they are all up to date?

b[cid:image001.png@01D1DCE0.EBB2E590]

stcain

Do you have any Unapproved patches which show a Needed status? Those would skew the results. I have many here that I don't approve for one reason or another (application incompatibility, non-security update, unwanted app, etc.). I could decline them and then they'd drop off the Needed list, but I keep them around for future deployment. I'd love to have an Approved and Needed status on the website, that would more accurately show my environment.

Michael Halpin

When you select a particular node within the Patch Manager MMC, how does that report updates? You can group updates to show approvals. As stcain says, unapproved updates are not filtered in that particular view.

charlesnm

On the Patch Manager MMC the updates report for one particular node Updates not installed 4, but when I remote into this node and try a Windows updates all updates are applied.

The frustrating part of this is Solarwinds   Patch Manager Summary web site for Desktop Node Health Overview has a pie chart with 0 computers up to date,

1865 computers needing updates, 61 computers with unkown status, & 287 Computers with update errors?