This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there a way to suppress individual bgp alerts on a single node WITHOUT disabling BGP Monitoring All together for that Node?

1) Is there a way to suppress individual bgp alerts on a single node WITHOUT disabling BGP Monitoring All together for that Node?  I get close to 18 emails every time something happens to a single node. Is there a way to suppress this similar to how we do dependencies?

2) What would cause blank bgp alerts?  Meaning I'm getting the email,  but no helpful IP address or Node Name like normal and no syslog event.

pastedImage_0.png

• You could create a custom property and set it to something for this one node and leave all other nodes blank (or assign different value).  Your alert condition or suppression could reference the property.  Alternatively, don't use a custom property--just hard code the node itself in the alert's condition or suppression.

Can you look at (create if necessary) a BGP report to correlate the suspected node's information?  You could then also correlate in semi-real time via SNMP walk or via CLI session with the suspect router.

Do you have any other events that regularly occur in conjunction with this blank alert?  You may be able to correlate there too.

Have you identified the node(s) that may have BGP not in established state?

• d09h

I do believe I've isolated that blank alerts to 1 or 2 nodes.  Yes multiple locations also go off at the same time as some sort of domino affect it seems.  Once  I know for sure what device is causing the blank alerts I'll for sure try your custom property suggestion.  Thanks.

• If you monitor BGP on each router in the BGP relationship, they may each report the same incident.  Wouldn't surprise me if it was multiple routers reporting the same peering issue.

I used to support a large fully meshed network.  If one router became unreachable, we would also expect BGP state change for that peer on all other routers.  Not knowing anything about your network, I would look closely at BGP peers/ states on each of the two routers you identified.  Try to catch the issue in real time and look via CLI (show ip bg ...).

• Ok thanks d  I'll take a look at that