This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Email Alert on Group - Want to list Child node/ip in the Alert Email

I've created a group, I've created the dependancy, and it works fine from what I can see.

I get the group alert email when the parent goes down, and email alerts for the children that are in the group that group are suppressed.

I would like to take the Group email alert a step further and include all the objects/children in that group in the body of the email.

So if the Group Name is "Remote Office1" you would get something like the following when the parent goes down of the the Group "Remote Office1"

---

ALERT:Remote Mars Office1 is a Warning state.

Group has been in a Warning, Critical or Down state for 0 minutes.

----

I would like to include the triggering Parent as well as the children all the nodes that comprise the Group "Remote Office1" in the body of the email as well...so it would be along the lines of:

---

ALERT:Remote Mars Office1 is a Warning state.

Group has been in a Warning, Critical or Down state for 0 minutes.

Parent Device Triggering Group Alert:

marsrouter1.xyz.com

Child Devices affected by Parent:

marsswitch1.xyz.com

marsswitch2.xyz.com

marsserver1.xyz.com

marsserver2.xyz.com

ect...

How can I do something like this...I'm guessing whatever the dynamic group discovery SQL query is might be able to populate as well...I can leverage that...I know what the remote site ip ranges are, and I don't might created a custom group alert for every group site...so in this example for a remote site on mars whose subnet whose range is 1.0.0.0 - 1.0.0.255, I can just match on starts with and ends with in the dynamic group discovery...how can I do the same SQL query in the email alert?