This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Fan alerts NPM 12

I am trying to get my Cisco Fan failure alerts working in NPM 12.

Anyone have a good working alerts for cisco fan failures?

I have a test 3850 stack with a bad UCS fan in switch 2, but I cannot get the alert to actually trigger.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

• I use the Syslog Viewer for this. I write a rule based on the syslog that gets triggered when the fan fails. I then forward that email onto the network team.

• I don't know that this is correct.   A 3850 is a switch ans doesn't have anything to do with ucs.  I think you are trying to trigger on the wrong thing.  Even if it were to use the same fan,  this would not be the correct alert trigger.  I'll look to see what the right fan trigger would be.  You may have to add a udp if SW doesn't have it out of the box for this device type, but I imagine they do.

• Any update on this? I appreciate the help emoticons_happy.png

• Try something like this, since it the status is not being sent by the switch as critical.  It is displayed as Faulty or Not present, which is a status that could be displayed by SolarWinds.  Otherwise you will have to put multiple lines fro what you do or don't want statuses for.  You can refine this as alerts start coming in.  The UCS fan line is not needed unless you do have UCS devices.  The 3850 is not a UCS device.

pastedImage_0.png

Also, what does NPM show when you go to the Node Details for the 3850, and under Current Hardware Health, click MANAGE SENSORS.  It show something like this:

pastedImage_4.png

Is the fan that you are looking for here?  If so, what is the status of this fan?