This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
We have two storage monitoring products:
- The older Storage Resource Monitor Profiler Module, a.k.a. Storage Manager (STM). Both screenshots above are from this product. The latest version is 6.2.3 and you can upgrade to it from 6.2.1. See release notes here: Solar Winds Storage Resource Monitor (SRM) Profiler Module 6.2.3 Release Notes.
- The newer Storage Resource Monitor Orion Module. Latest version 6.3. Orion is our platform where we want to have all the products and where we prioritize our implementation efforts. It turned out to be a better option to develop an Orion-based storage monitoring product from scratch rather than trying to integrate the old SRM Profiler (STM) with Orion.
- The storage arrays supported are slightly different for both products: Storage devices supported
- There are also some differences in metrics monitored for various devices. In some cases, SRM Profiler gives you more details. In the long-term, we want SRM Orion to have the same level of details.
- Some features of SRM Profiler are available in existing Orion products like NPM (SAN switch monitoring), VIM (virtualization monitoring), or SAM (application monitoring). We do not plan to add these capabilities to SRM Orion now.
- SRM Orion is the one where you can expect the majority of new enhancements.
- In general, SRM Orion consumes less computing power and scales much better.
- SRM Orion can be integrated with other Orion-based products like VIM and SAM to help you troubleshoot issues in your (virtualized) environment (keyword: AppStack).
- With SRM Orion you can enjoy rich functionality of Orion alerting and reporting engines.
You can run both products with the same license, i.e. if you run SRM Profiler (STM) and want to try SRM Orion, you don't have to buy anything else.