This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Using SWQL in External Application (Python or Powershell)

Hi All,

I am trying to access my Orion Database to create an external application that displays the percent utilization of the WAN on my network. I have the SWQL Statement and have played around with connecting through Python and through Powershell with no success. Does anyone have any ideas on the direction I need to go to? I tried downloading the SDK from GitHub but i'm not really sure how to use it / get it to work. I'm new to a lot of this and any guidance is super appreciated!

When trying to access the Server through Python I am getting this error:

pastedImage_4.png

When trying to access the server through PowerShell I am getting this error:

I try to log in here :

pastedImage_5.png

and then get this error:

pastedImage_6.png

To create this login window I followed a video that I Watched on YouTube from the SolarWinds Lab.

I am able to connect through the SWQL Studio but when trying to connect through Python or Powershell I am extremely unsuccessful.

I'm not sure if I'm just totally off with my methodology or what's going on. Again any advice is really helpful and appreciated emoticons_happy.png  I'm open to any platform, I'm trying to find the easiest and most efficient way to eventually create an external application that can query the server to display information on our sharepoint site.