2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2016 1:52 PM by shankarkrupa

Engineer's Toolset for Web browser requirements?

jp.briggs

I just installed the Engineer's Toolset for Web 11.0.2 onto my main poller. I also installed the Web-only on our web console.

If I remote desktop into each server, and launch the web console locally on each server, the toolset works fine (for testing, I'm just running a Response Time on one node). The servers both have IE 9.

If I go to our SW web console (off of the web-only server) from my desktop, and run the same test, I never get any results. It sits there saying 'Monitoring in progress', but the graph area is just white space. This happens both with Chrome 51.0.2704.106 and with IE 11.

Or is there maybe something wrong on the web server preventing external access?

• Re: Engineer's Toolset for Web browser requirements?
          moyerj2a

It sounds like you dont have table views enabled for the graph. Here is a possible solution from the guide.

Overview

When you launch Orion node detail views directly from Engineer's Toolset on the Web, the results table is disabled by default. The monitored nodes in the tables are not clickable.

Environment

All versions of Engineer's Toolset

Cause

When you launch an Orion node details view by clicking a node in Engineer's Toolset on the Web results table, your browser might crash due to a memory leak, especially if you are monitoring multiple metrics for multiple objects (nodes, interfaces, or CPUs), or if you are running the Orion Web Console in Firefox.

Resolution

To launch Orion node detail views from Engineer's Toolset on the Web tables, you can enable the option. However, please confirm:

• You do not run Orion Web Console in Firefox.
          • You do not monitor multiple metrics for multiple objects at the same time.

To enable the option:

1. Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
          2. Click TOOLSET > Toolset Settings.
          3. In the Global Settings grouping, click Toolset Global Settings, and select Orion Integration of Monitored Nodes.
          4. To apply your settings, click Save Changes.
          2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • Re: Engineer's Toolset for Web browser requirements?
            shankarkrupa

It should work in the latest browsers, and I do not think there is a server issue as it works through the web console. Does it happen only with the web-only server or even on the  main website?

Could you pick a few more metrics on the right side, wait for a few minutes, and confirm if you still see the error?

11.0.3 is better for some environments as it addresses situations related to network/IIS configurations. Would you be able to upgrade to 11.0.3 and confirm?