This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

White-list application/processes using LEM?

Hi, has anyone used LEM to create and apply an application white-list or one for processes?

I have been tasked to leverage LEM to block any unknown processes from running on all of our desktop PC’s.  With the direction of finding a way to make a list of approved applications that are allowed and after the list is proven to apply a that list to Kill any process that are not approved.

I have been asked to use LEM to do this because their was some recollection of LEM being able to do this by the powers at be.

I am not asking about the Audit Policies for Process Creation and Process Termination as that is a given with this topic but can be referenced here:

https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Log_Event_Manager_(LEM)/Monitor_application_or_process_starts_and_stops_with_LEM

Any ideas or experiences with this type of white-list in LEM that you care to share would be appreciated. Including dissenting opinions.

Obligatory emoji emoticons_check.png