This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Engineer's Toolset for Web Install

I know there are threads about this, and I've gone through the install document. But still want to ask, just in case.

We have 2 pollers, and a web console, with the database on a separate DB server.

I'm planning on installing the Engineer's Toolset for Web. Our license management says we have 1 install/1 seat for it.

So here are my questions:

1. I *think* I'll need to install it on at least one poller, and the web console. Is this correct?
  2. Will our 1 license cover installs on multiple machines?
  3. Should Toolset for Web be installed on both polling engines?
  4. Will the install require SW services stop/restarts?
  • Answers in bold text...

1. I *think* I'll need to install it on at least one poller, and the web console. Is this correct?
      • It is better to install this on the main Orion site first and install it on additional sites if needed. At least one poller is required to monitor, which could very well be your main poller.
    2. Will our 1 license cover installs on multiple machines?
      • Depends on what is the purpose of the install on multiple machines. If you need to install the web console in multiple machines, yes, you can install it in any number of machines. You can use the same seat license/user account to log in through all those machines.
    3. Should Toolset for Web be installed on both polling engines?
      • No, not really necessary
    4. Will the install require SW services stop/restarts?
      • Yes
  • Thanks! Downtime for install scheduled!

We do all our administration from the web console loaded on a separate web-only SW install, so I believe I'll be installing the toolset first on the main poller, and then on the web-only machine.

• Hey one more question, while I've got you here emoticons_wink.png

On my downloads section of the Customer Portal, I see:

• Engineer's Toolset for Web version 11.0.2

And under that:

• Engineer's Toolset additional WebServer version 11.0.1 (no 11.0.2)

Does this mean I should download the Toolset for Web version 11.0.1? Or install 11.0.2 on the main poller, and additional WebServer 11.0.2 on the web console server?

Thanks!

• Both the main and additional website should be 11.0.2. I would check this and confirm (around Monday or early Tuesday, as I could not check in the Customer Portal right now). You could download the 11.0.2 version for now and proceed to install it on the main server. You can install the additional site later also and start to play with the main site.

Off the top of my head, the main site need not be brought down for installing the additional website.

• Okay, checked and updated. Now 11.0.2 is reflected correctly everywhere. Please download, install, use, and share your experience/requests here emoticons_happy.png