For Full detail, or to Apply, visit Careerbuilder
This is for a virtual position (the posting shows Jacksonville, but could be anywhere in the continental US)
The Technical Architect - Network Performance will be focused on the monitoring and analysis of Network related events to determine if they constitute an escalation, as well as the documentation and tracking of network / Riverbed Cascade (SteelCentral) monitoring incidents throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will provide expertise and technical leadership in the administration and operational duties of Riverbed SteelCentral Performance Monitoring environment by installing and maintaining infrastructure tools and related system software, continuously improving the system through proactively analyzing and resolving related problems, designing and implementing a strategy toward performance improvement and exceeding the customers’ expectations. Responsible for service delivery and support, including configuration, incident, problem, release, change, availability, and continuity management within defined operating infrastructure.
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP and other networking protocols.
- Technical understanding of protocol analysis using industry standard tools such as Wireshark, Wildpackets, Network Observer, Microsoft Network Monitor, TCPDump, etc.
- Technical understanding of Application performance tools such as Fiddler2, iPerf, etc.
- Demonstrated experience using various logging and monitoring tools including but not limited to Riverbed Cascade (SteelCentral), SolarWinds, etc.
- Thorough understanding of various log types, their meaning, and their network / security -related significance.
- Technical experience with various web applications, load balancing technologies, firewall and networking technologies, intrusion detection/prevention technologies, network-based anomaly detection technologies, etc.
- Ability to formulate and communicate highly technical and complex security concepts/information to both technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and effective manner.
- Riverbed RCSA-NPM or RCSP-NPM is highly desirable.
- Infoblox and SolarWinds experience are desirable.
- Cisco/Avaya/Juniper certifications are a plus.
- General UNIX administration.
- Familiarity/support with multiple data storage environments and technologies.
- Detail oriented.
- Exposure to IT Systems, Services and Processes.
Ascension Information Services (AIS)
With more than 2,400 associates, Ascension Information Services (AIS) is one of the largest healthcare IT services companies in North America. Ascension created AIS to provide better access to IT resources for the organization, and to support the achievement of our long-term Strategic Direction goals. Through AIS, we leverage our System’s size to achieve operating efficiency through technology advancements, data center consolidation, best practice implementation and shared resources teams.
More information on Ascension and AIS, please visit www.ascension.org.
Feel free to message me with any questions.