7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2016 7:24 AM by john.ta

Show me your worldmap

osberg

Hi guys,

Since the business is growing and we now are in more and more countries I am starting to look into how I can make a new and better worldmap in Atlas.

I am very interested into see what you have done and what makes good sense to your company etc.

I really hope that some will share your thoughts here and show me some screenshots of your maps.   and ofcouse tell me how you have done it

Looking forward to see some feedback here

Frank

• Re: Show me your worldmap
          Jan Pelousek

Well I can imagine the world map will be similar formost of users, just differing by the location of the aggregated Node/group containers. Aren't you more asking about the Network Atlas maps?

john.ta

I don't use it, but have been thinking about using it.  One word of advice though, if you are serious about using it and don't already use SNMP location, set SNMP location on your devices that way it will auto-populate the map for you. 

osberg

Hi john.ta is there anything I have to be aware of here or is it just to put in the snmp location in the config on my device.

But how will that look in a map when you got like 20-30 switches here? Today we do it like this.

Here we first map a contry, then city(location name) how will the map auto generate here with the SNMP location?^?

john.ta

That is not a world map, that is a regular map.  The best way to get there so you know you are in right place (at least on 11) is Settings > Manage World Map.  It dynamically groups nodes/groups together based on zoom level, it is very cool.  You just need postal code, city, full address, some type of physical attribute for it to automatically map things.  If things are not being automatically mapped, check Web Console Settings and "Automatic Geolocation" setting.