This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Remove leading zeroes from IPs

I have some addresses in IPAM that were imported from another application, which had the nasty habit of inserting zeroes into the addresses. For example, 169.254.1.1 would appear as 169.254.001.001. I'd prefer to edit the zeroes out of these addresses, but when I select the IP (in the Manage Subnets & IP Addresses page) and click Edit, the IP itself is not an editable field.

Is there a way to edit these? Or am I asking the wrong question? I don't even know anymore. I've been staring at PowerShell and syslog and I don't know what's real anymore.

Help.

• Well, I've now learned about IPs with leading zeroes being interpreted by many utilities as being in octal notation. Which explains why n.n.n.021 follows n.n.n.16; ping (and IPAM, I've learned) interprets 021 as 17.

I'd still like to edit rather than delete and recreate.