This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Copied Views keep a link between them if a View Limitation was set on the original.

We noticed this in NPM 11.5.3. We created a view a for a group of nodes and wanted to apply it to separate group of nodes. The only difference was the view limitation. Of course the view limitation was set to the same group on the copy. We changed that copied view limitation and thought we were all set. We noticed later that the original view also had the view limitation that we set on the copy. We changed the original back and noticed that the copied view was updated to match the original again.

Resolution: We removed the view limitation on both views and were set them separately. This broke that view limitation link.

My question: Has anyone else noticed this? Has anyone seen it in NPM12 yet?

Thanks

Marc

• I too am seeing this on NPM 12.1 I will be opening a ticket with support to find out why this behavior is this way.   I had hoped to be able to copy views in order to templatize dashboards.  However, the fact that the view lims are some how linked and change even though the view IDs are unique prevents this.

• I dont know if the workaround above will help you, but removing view limitations from both the original and any copies allowed us to set each view individually with the correct view limitations. Please post any updates if you can.

Thanks

Marc

• Looks like removing the view limitations and resetting them is the answer for now. Thanks for looking into this.

• For 12.2, note that the KB article referenced in the Correct Answer above warns:

Do not use this in NPM 12.2. When tested in this environment, removing the limitation from the copy view also removed it from the original view.

The only known workaround at this time is to identify the view ID of the copied view and run the following query:

UPDATE Views SET LimitationID = 0 WHERE ViewID =

You can see the ViewID of the copy in the URL when you edit the copy:

https://<Orionserver>/Orion/Admin/CustomizeView.aspx?ViewID=269&ReturnTo=<LongMumblyNumber>

Do the query. then refresh the Customize View page, and observe that the limitation is now gone.

I don't see any reference to the problem being fixed in the 12.3 release notes, unless it's included in:

1309520  Limitations on views and resources work correctly.

I also notice in 12.2 that in Customize View, even though I change the view name and click the update button, on the Edit Menu Bar page, it still shows Copy of <OriginalView>, and I have to edit the View there as well.

So I expect 12.3 acts like 12.2 unless someone can confirm otherwise.

So I really think the whole Copy View function has bugs.