This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

When trying to build a HTML page in an alert, the SWISEntity (derived from the insert Variable) has empty values

So.  I generate an alert when a component is over threshold, and generate a HTML page.

This works fine for all variables inserted, however ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlertThresholds.ThresholdStatisticWarning} and ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlertThresholds.ThresholdStatisticCritical}  are empty, and do not exist when I query them in SQWL Studio.

The alert is generated from a component being in Warning and a different alert for Critical, so 2 different alerts with the same issue, the thresholds exist when I edit the Application Component.

The actual HTML line is :

A value of ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.StatisticData} has cleared the previous alert against a threshold of  ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlertThresholds.ThresholdStatisticCritical}

What I get is :

1188 has triggered this alert against a threshold of

All other Variables are fine? Any ideas?

Message was edited by: IanBaker -- Title TOO large

• Hi IanBaker​.

I was trying to reproduce this issue locally, but it works well for me

pastedImage_1.png

Few questions:

1. What is the component type on which the alert is triggered?
    2. Can you doblecheck correct thresholds are realy set? It can happen that by mistake Response Time thresholds were defined instead of Statistic Thresholds
    3. Do you get expected result when you run query like following in the SWQL studio?
      SELECT ApplicationID, ComponentID,
      Component.ComponentAlert.StatisticData,
      Component.ComponentAlertThresholds.ThresholdStatisticWarning,
      Component.ComponentAlertThresholds.ThresholdStatisticCritical
      FROM Orion.APM.Component
      WHERE ComponentID=<ID of your component>
  • Hi Rob,

I have run the query aginst my component and I get

Running against this component:

http://[our Poller]/Orion/APM/Admin/Edit/EditApplication.aspx?id=141&selected=569

with these settings for thresholds on “Edit Application”

Hope this all makes sense, and thanks for looking.

Ian

Tools Support Team

Serco IT Shared Services

(UK Based 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday)

attachments.zip
  • As I can see, you're using script monitor, which can produce up to 10 numeric results. Thresholds for these values are not available through ComponentAlertThresholds relation neither any other way using Orion SDK, SWIS or alerting variables. So I'm affraid there is no solution for this right now. I recommend you to open feature request and refer to this thread.

Robert

• Thanks for Your Help... I will raise a feature request