This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

DPA Wait Time Trending Timeframe

On the "home" screen where Wait times are summarized, instances trending higher than normal turn red.  What's the time frame for that setting to be refreshed/reset?  It appears to be daily is that correct?  If so, is it configurable?  I'd like to be able to trend to a smaller time frame so that if I fix a problem late morning or early afternoon I'm not looking at my red flag for the rest of the day because it trended higher for a significant portion of the day.

• Unfortunately, it is not configurable. Regarding the time frame, DPA will look at current day (from midnight to the last full hour of data collection, so 12am to 10am if it's 10:44am). It compares the overall wait time observed for that time frame for today and compares that against the historical average for the same time period (so from 12am to 10am for the past two weeks). If the waits are significantly higher (I believe 50% higher), we turn the wait bars red.

The intent of it was to notify you that something may have changed in your instance if you were not already aware (a baseline of sorts).

Hope that helps.

• Thanks, that's what I though.  We're trying to implement a big board display using DPA and I'm trying to avoid managment stopping by and pointing at the red warning and saying something's wrong with the database emoticons_happy.png

• not a solution really but, the hide charts button might help with that..emoticons_grin.png

• Just make sure you understand what changed to cause the red (run through the analysis already done by DPA) - then you will look way smart!  8 )