4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2016 1:13 PM by percyj

NPM Customization

geo@skylinetech.ae

Dear All,

I am having NPM, NTA and NCM latest versions. My requirement is to have a customized view showing the availability for last 7 days based on a custom property (Preferably in the NoC View). I will explain the requirement as under:

a) I have around 1500 Network Devices

b) A Custom Property is created for each devices specifying the Department where it is  placed.

c) The View should be a Pie Chart showing the Availability for last 7 days and the same to be grouped based on Custom Property

Your comments are highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Geo John

• Re: NPM Customization
          geo@skylinetech.ae

Dear All,

Looking for an assistance.

Craig Norborg

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot do pie charts in reporting.

That being said, not really sure what you're asking for either.   A Pie chart is good for maybe showing parts of a whole, lets say the whole pie is all your devices, and maybe a big slice of that is "Cisco Devices", while another chunk might be "Windows Devices", etc. etc...     Not sure how you would do availability of all devices for 7 days?   Too many parameters for a pie chart I would think, not to mention difficult in general for any chart?

Maybe try and be more detailed of what you're looking for?   Sketch out an example or something?

geo@skylinetech.ae

Dear Craig,

Thank you for your response. I will explain the scenario as under:

a) I have around 2000 Network Devices

b) Each Device is having a Custom Property " AREA"

c) The requirement is need to get the Availability of Last 7 Days in a Pie Chart

d) This has either to be incorporated in a View or a Report

Looking forward to hearing your comments on this.

Kind Regards,

Geo John

percyj

Ive got a similar problem. I've got the custom view set up basically the way my customer needs it and that pie chart would have been dandy... Understanding the described constraints about pie charts not being possible, is there a way to place an existing report into a view?