6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 1:33 PM by fitzy141

historical report - CIO request

fitzy141

So fellow solarwinds peeps -

I’ve been asked to create a report that spans the 3 peak days for all servers from a BU  (production servers). I’m not very familiar with building a report like that in Solar Winds and I’m hoping you can help me. I’d want a report that shows the CPU/RAM (hourly?) used by the these production servers during these dates: April 25, 26, 27 is this doable ?

Cause I am pulling whats left of my hair out trying to figure out how to pull all that data together ?

Steve

• Re: historical report - CIO request
          borgan

In a word, you can get that report. You can narrow the time frame using a custom setting and you can limit the report to selected devices if you wish. The data can be easily summarized by the hour over the designated time frame.

fitzy141

So what I am struggling with is it to show the every hour for each day ...

Here is what I have so far ...

So got the two group of servers they he is looking for

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 1.55.00 PM.png

For the table information

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 1.56.40 PM.png

For the output its kinda where i need to go but i want to see every hour with in the day for each server -

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 1.57.png

does that make sense what i am trying to see can that be done .. or am I missing something so stupid its in my face :-) and I am not seeing it ..

borgan

I think the option you have selected for Group by is messing you up. You should group by Node Name and Sort by one of the numerical fields such as peak CPU load. See if that works.

fitzy141

does the data get rolled up after a period of time so I am only going to get the rolled up data for that day where i really want to see  data for the 4/25/2016  8 AM to 8 PM called out every hour on the hour for the CPU and memory stats  for specific server pr servers

zackm

Hey fitzy141!!!

So good and bad news...

Good: You were right on point with your report creation.

Bad: Your requested dates are too far back to show the data you want given the default data rollup periods in SolarWinds NPM.

• Detail Data (every single data point for a metric) is kept for the last 7 days
                          • Hourly Data (detail data rolled into hourly averages) is kept for the 8-30 days window
                          • Daily Data (hourly data rolled into daily averages *this is an average of an average*) is kept for the 31 - 365 days window

So, based on that, the only data available in the database for your selected dates of April 26-28 is the Daily averages. Here's a screenshot from my lab (server names redacted). I have also attached my demo report for your convenience if you want to see how I organized this.

2016-06-06_9-00-40.png