3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2016 10:57 PM by jkrenzien

Routing Table- Alerts

amarnath_r

Hello Experts,

Route.JPG

I wanted to set an alert, Whenever I am not receiving any routes from Destination Network, Please help!!

• Re: Routing Table- Alerts
          jkrenzien

I think you can find your answer at Re: Alert/notification when routing table change. Please let me know if that didn't answer your question.

amarnath_r

Hello jkrenzien,

Thansk for your reply. I dont want to use custom pollers, I need to have the same route destination which shows default. Please suggest

jkrenzien

amarnath_r - Sorry I have been out of touch. can you give me an example of what is expected, when the alert should trigger, and when it should recover. Also roughly how many routes do the devices you want to alert on have? I believe I read that npm doesn't pool the full routing table, but that first X amount of lines (1000 maybe, not sure though). With that I should be able to give you a more precise example and possibly avoid the undp.

For example, if you have a redundant hub/spoke environment and you need to alert when when one of the hub neighbors is down, that will be a fairly easy routing neighbor alert (looking for down or deleted). However if you have anything beyond a small routing table and you need to look for specific routes to specific destinations then the undp may be the best option. I am using the the routing neighbor alert for everyday alerting and the undp for reporting to ensure that the proper people are kept aware of the the sites that haven't had that neighbor in the past 30 days (default time npm stores routing neighbor information).