This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

API documentation?

Hi all!

I'm having some problems building an integration to Solarwinds to Acknowledge an Alert and set a Node to Unmanaged. But it seems like the schema for query and for Acknowledge is different.

I tracked down the schema for AlertStatus, which has the following fields

AlertDefID

ActiveObject

ObjectType

State

WorkingState

ObjectName

AlertMessage

TriggerTimeStamp

TriggerTimeOffset

TriggerCount

ResetTimeStamp

Acknowledged

AcknowledgedBy

AcknowledgedTime

LastUpdate

AlertNotes

Notes

AlertObjectID

DisplayName

Description

InstanceType

Uri

InstanceSiteId

but all of the posts around Acknowledging an alert, such as this​ and this​ and this all reference DefinitionId and ObjectId. But neither of these are noted in the list of fields in the schema above. So I'm not sure where to retrieve the DefinitionId and ObjectId?

I would also like to request straight curl examples for the APIs instead of, or in addition to, the SDKs available. I am building my integration using the rhino engine javascript, so the SDKs are too specific.

Thanks!

• DefinitionId is the same as AlertDefId, and ActiveObject is the same as ObjectId.

(Yes, it is dumb that these values have one name when they are properties of Orion.AlertStatus and a different name when sending them to AddNote or Acknowledge.)