3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2016 2:01 PM by it@cristoreybalt.org

Merge Users

jeremymayfield

I have a problem, we recently updated our email domain name from americamcementcompany.com to am-cem.com and now WHD sees everyone as a new client.   They are all still the same.  Is there a way to merge clients together so we can save a lot of edit time?

• Re: Merge Users
          amyd

You can sync your clients by email or username, I am not sure where it is or if it will work to merge but you could touch base with support. Otherwise you could do a search by user name and use the bulk update to switch over to the new email addresses

jeremymayfield

I will reach out to support, I tried a Sync and i have a lot of duplicate entries.  I use Office 365 Exchange online, no hybrid so everything is strange.   AD has the attributes of the old email address as well but its not working right.  I would have hoped since my login and local domain had not changed that it wouldn't do this but i was wrong. 

it@cristoreybalt.org

I think this is a limitation in the WHD Sync Engine. In a perfect world, the synchronization key would be something other than the username or email address. In the case of Active Directory, it could use the SID of the user. That way, if any of the user's information changes in AD (name change, etc.) it would simply update the records in WHD because the SID stays the same. However, this is not how it works.