3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 11:31 AM by antwesor

Patch Manager and C2R

dbubis

Dies anybody know if there's any intention of deploying Office 365 C2R installations using Patch Manager? I know WSUS won't deploy the Office updates, SCCM is supposed to but using Patch Manager would be the simplest if it is going to support updates.

Thanks.

Dan

• Re: Patch Manager and C2R
          antwesor

"I know WSUS won't deploy the Office updates,"

I disagree. WSUS does deploy Office updates. We are updating Office 2010 and Office 2013 currently using Patch Manager.

Not sure if C2R is able to be updated by WSUS.

I think the Office package itself would be too large for Patch Manager to handle.

dbubis

Yes, standard MSI installs. My question has more to do with Office 365 which uses different technology to install. MS says that WSUS can't update any C2R application but since Patch Manager already installs third party apps, it has the potential. That's more my question as we move more and more clients to Office 365.

antwesor

Good point. Yes there is potential there for Patch Manager to update Office similar to 3rd party software. They may be more complex than a standard 3rd party .msi update though. Not sure where to start to begin crafting an update for Office 365. It would be interesting to be involved in such a project. Alas, here we are upgrading to Office 2013 via SCCM very soon. Which is an excellent method to deploy Office 2013. I am sorry I am not more familiar with Office 365 and the update mechanism used.