This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Group Alerting

Hi,

I have recently been put in charge of monitoring and have a Child group within Orion (with a large amount of PC's in) that I would like to remove from all alerting, can this be done at group level and if so how?

Thanks for any help offered

Hanson

• Yes you would just need to adjust your alerting rule to not alert when there's an issue with any device in this group.

If you need help, post up the alert you wish to exclude this group from.

• Hi,

I need to be able to remove the group from all alerts but still have the group in the system for reporting

can this be done ?

Hanson

• Using a custom property like belongstogroup for nodes that designates if it is or isn't a part of the group, you can eliminate them from most alerts.  Just make it a true/false CP and add the rule belongstogroup is not equal to true to all of your alerts.  That will generally get you a way to filter in most alerts.

The caveat is that you will need to either manage this CP or use something like a trigger in the DB to dynamically set it.