9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2016 10:51 AM by jbishop87

CA SWUG -- Meeting

dan.mcpherson

Is anyone interested in meeting up in Napa Valley? I can host a small group here at the winery for a Solar Winds discussion, at most 10 people, our conference room isn't very big. I could also host a BlueJeans meeting for this meeting for those who may not be able to make it. Please let me know who might be able to make it, what should be on our agenda and who might be interested in the BlueJeans meeting.

May 19 edit: So far we have 2 takers. Anyone else? I am thinking we would have this towards the end of June on a Friday. Would that work for everyone?

Message was edited by: Dan McPherson

June 20 edit: It is looking like July 15th is the date, Do I have a headcount? Any ideas on the Agenda?

July 1 edit: I would like to firm up the date of July 15th. I am currently working with some very helpful folks at Thwack to help us make this happen. I would like to start the meeting at 11:00 AM and finish up with a winery tour and tasting at 2:00. I will post more next week after I have had a chance to meet with Wendy. IN the mean time everyone interested mark your calendars and send me an email letting me know if you can make it. dan[dot]mcpherson[at]opusonewinery[dot]com

July 6 edit: So far I have one person that can show up on site, one for a Video Conference and no other takers. I spoke with Wendy and Danielle just now and they reminded me that Cisco Live was next week so that would explain why there probably isn't a lot of takers. So we are now looking at getting a large SWUG together here at the winery in November sometime. This will give them time to help us get more people to the event. For July 15th if I can get 4 or 5 people to come to the winery we can still meet and start networking and I am certainly happy to show off my implementation of Solar Winds as well as they have offered to Record the SWUG meeting that will be happening in Las Vegas next Tuesday so that we can watch it. However, if it is just 2 of us, then it seems like that may not be all that viable. Please let me know by Friday July 8th if you are able to make it on July 15th so that I can let them know and make a decision regarding that meetup.

July 8 edit: I am cancelling the July 15th meetup :,( Try to keep your calendars open for Friday November 4th, 2016 I have a larger venue here at the winery that we can use for more people. I was thinking a Friday would be a good day so that everyone can enjoy the meeting and then possibly spend some time over the weekend here in Napa Valley. I really Hope to see lots of folks here on that day!