0 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2016 12:14 PM by nodicecp

Local server requirements for remote NTA Storage?

nodicecp

For the Installing NTA (ServerA) and Remote NTA (Server B) Flow Storage Database topology option, do I need to install anything other than the remote (Server B) NTA storage option? I have connected the remote (Server B to storage to the Orion SQL instance being used by NPM (ServerA). I have data int my NTA page on my Orion site (Server A). However I question that it is specifically my new remote NTA storage server that is providing it. Here is why:

Under settings-NTA Settings- Netflow Collector Services

Then I see this:

Shouldn't I see the remote storage server (server B) listed under NEtflow Collector Services? How Can I verify that it is pulling data specifically from the remote storage server (Server B)? Does only having NTA Remote Storage (Server B) installed count as an Orion poller?

Server A- has Orion NPM- Installed NTA with remote storage option, specified server

Server B- Installed windows server - installed NTA  remote Storage- pointed to db | is NOT added to NPM as a node, no additional software has been installed-Orion or otherwise.

Thank you for taking the time to review my amateur attempt at getting this thing going and helping to clarify 'Solarwinds speak'.

-Cheers

Chris