This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

APC UPS monitoring

What all features of APC UPS can we monitor in NPM ver 11.5.3?

I want to have alerts for low battery level and whenever ups input voltage goes down.

i have input voltage level in UPS details but how can i have one parameter on main scree i-e in summary.

• Hi,

Have you an UnDP configued and assigned to the UPS? as per your question I consider you already poll batterie status, nvput voltage, amperage...

Regards.

Salah

• Yes i have these pollers i just want these two parameters of multiple ups in summary window and to have alerts on low input voltage and low battery

• Hi Zubeel,

I got your need, there many ways to do that!!! you have first to copy a node details view from managing views and rename it to APC view, edit it and customize it by adding either an "Universal Device Poller Top XX" resource wich need to be edited in order to select the UnDP poller or transform set that will raise the data or use a custom table ressource and select an SQL query as datasource.

For Universal Device Poller Top XX, this will be easy but will be limited to filed available in the poller

The second choice will give you more possibility

For alerting you can use similar SQL query if you chose to use custom table to create a report that you can schedule for email or alert actions.

Here is an example of UnDP report based on SQL that you can use as a reference for your query building .All Current Node UnDPs and the Nodes Assigned.OrionReport

A brief description of the report is here NPM Node UnDPs and the Nodes Assigned

Regards.

Salah