5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2016 5:43 PM by tcore

How do I make the Tech field Required?

tcore

We are currently experiencing where a technician would modify a ticket, but not select themselves as the Tech.  So we have to go back into the ticket and assign it to them.  Is there a way to make the system either enter the tech on Update or make the field required?

• Re: How do I make the Tech field Required?
          typhoon87

Are you using auto assignment or are users choosing the incorrect request type and then it needs to be changed to get to the correct tech?

tcore

We choose not to auto assign the ticket.  being that some technicians are duel groups phone or desk side.  So we are managing on a trust base, but would like to force the issue of picking up the ticket.  if they can put a note on the ticket, then they can just select their name as the owner, but other groups are not following.  So we were trying to figure out the best way to handle this.

billypilgrim

You can create action rules where the criteria condition is Tech is Blank so you should be able to do something with that, eg not allowing a ticket to be closed without a Tech.

I have something similar for tickets where the Client is an automated email address so the Tech can't complete the ticket until they have changed the Client to something valid, it just re-opens the ticket.

tcore

I will give this a try.  but I would rather that it will not allow the ticket to be saved if it is blank.  Closed is one thing, but knowing who is working on a ticket in progress is another. And for management reporting purposes, they want to know who is doing what.  I will let you know if I get it to work.

Thanks.

tcore

Just now getting around to it.  I can do the "Is Blank" statement, but my manager and I are working to find something that woulid stop the ticket from being saved and prompt them to select a technician.

Nothing yet.  will let you know if it happens.  I will be soooo happy.