This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

For a particular Event, email didnt triggered? what could be the reason for this??

We ' had an issue about one switch to be down. however we saw it to be down on dashboard of tool but email which was already set up , was not triggered. please let me know what could be the reason or any thing I can check why alert didn't trigger.

• The only way of knowing about the issue with the Alert Email trigger action would be to open the Alert Details for that element, under the Alert History it will display the actions, and if the action failed what the error was that caused it. If the alert has been reset the only way of knowing other than through the logs, would be to edit the Alert, go into Trigger Actions, select Simulate on the action, then select a test object and have the action executed.

• I didn't receive the re-s et alert as well and moreover I cant test one single alert now . as currently everything is up .

do we have any other way to check ?

• check the alert first to confirm you have actually set up email trigger - then check the SNTP server details and confirm they are correctly set up, as its just this node I presume they are?

Try that:-

pastedImage_0.png