This seems to match the issue you are having with the node details
To turn on defragmentation during your DB Maintenance please follow the steps in this article
Thanks for the reply.
Can I ask you what would be the impact if I turn to ENABLE this Automatic Index Defragmentation?
There would be no impact since the DB maintenance runs by default at 2:15 if there something for the task to defrag it will otherwise it will just skip it and move on.
I'd have a look in the C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\InformationService\v3.0 logfiles to see if anything is recorded there... you'll probably find things like:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. This failure occured while attempting to connect to the Principle server. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryHasMoreRows(Boolean& moreRows)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout, Boolean& more)
at SolarWinds.InformationService.Serialization.XmlResponseSerializerSimple.Serialize(XmlWriter writer)
at SolarWinds.InformationService.Serialization.XmlSerializer.OnSerialize(XmlWriter writer)
-> open a support case and see what they say.
[this particular error in my environment caused by an alert on a UNDP table poller because the SQL built by SWIS is incredibly inefficient in 11.5.2 -- case open on this]
I experienced the same problem with the database supporting NPM's Syslog Reporting feature.
It turned out that no maintenance had been done to that resource and it was 99% fragmented. I opened a support case with SW and learned the steps to accomplish a re-index and defrag.
That, plus adding additional hard drive space for the database, and pointing some of most busy syslog sources (Anchor Controllers and ASA's) at Splunk instead of NPM resulted in a very happy and responsive NPM again.
Thanks for all the advised