This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LEM: Temp filesystem is over 90% full

I'm new at managing our company's Log & Event Manager application and am trying to discover the cause of a problem that I've noticed over the past couple of days where LEM will display an incident notification stating "managermonitor warning! disk usage: the temp filesystem is over 90% full". The incident can be viewed under the Security > Incidents filter.

I've figured out how to clear the temp directory and was able to do so successfully yesterday. Upon arriving to work this morning, I noticed that the temp directory is full again, but I don't know why.

Here is the output of the diskusage command.

cmc> appliance

cmc::acm# diskusage

Checking Disk Usage (this could take a moment)... ....oo.oo.oo.oo.oo.oo.oo.

Partition Disk Usage:

LEM:             43% (1.2G/3.0G)

Logs/Data:       90% (199G/234G)

Temp:            95% (5.3G/5.9G)

Database Queue(s): 5.1G (12679286 alerts queued, 187196 alerts waiting in memory)

Rules Queue: 2.1M (0 alerts queued, 0 alerts waiting in memory)

Console Queue: 2.1M (0 alerts queued, 0 alerts waiting in memory)

DataCenter Queue: 2.1M (0 alerts queued, 0 alerts waiting in memory)

EPIC Rules Queue: 2.1M (0 alerts queued, 0 alerts waiting in memory)

Forensic Database Queue: 2.1M (0 data queued, 0 data items waiting in memory)

Logs: 11G

Tool Profiles Message Queue: 2.1M (0 alerts queued, 0 alerts waiting in memory)

When I use the cleantemp command and look through the directories in /tmp, I see that only one of the directories holds nearly all of the data that is filling up the temp space. That directory is called "Standard_Local_Database". It now contains 641 ".qa" files after having been cleared out around 24 hours ago. Based on the timestamps, it appears that a new file is created and stored here once per minute.

What is the best course of action for troubleshooting what's causing the temp directory to fill up so quickly? Thanks.