1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 9:27 AM by wallacegromet

Need to access a report from outside the Web UI

richardjlohman

Hey all:

I need to build some custom reports that integrate with other data sources. As I'm working in a Linux environment (and our S/W server is Windows), going directly to the SQL Server database is not really the ideal route. I'd like to be able to build a report (done), then access the data from that report by pulling with a wget or curl command. I've crafted the following (as well as a few variants) but I keep getting a 404 error. This error is generated not only for my custom report, but I tried a built-in with the same results.

wget -b -O currsysstatus.csv -p http://<ourhostname>/Orion/Reports/ViewReports.aspx?Report=System%20Alert%20Status&Dataformat=csv&AccountID=myname&Password=mypass

I've also tried the following variations on this command:

• swapping out the '%20' with '+'.
      • Replace 'Report=' with 'ReportID=NNN' (where NNN is the ID displayed in the location bar when I run the report in the UI).
      • Replace the 'System%20Alert%20Status' name (custom report) with 'Average%20Response%20Time' (built-in report), again, using both '%20' and '+'.

Version Info: Orion Platform 2014.2.1, SAM 6.1.1, QoE 1.0, NPM 11.0.1, IVIM 1.10.0

TIA,

Rich