This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Any new OrionSDK features in NPM 12.0?

FormerMember
FormerMember

I hear that NPM 12 will be reaching RC in the near future, does this release have any new API features? Anything which will make automation for adding new nodes will be welcomed.

Jon.

• There are various API improvements in NPM 12. I'll be gathering them up and making a post about them soon. But just to set expectations: there are no major improvements to the process of adding nodes.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to tdanner

Thanks for the update, with automation becoming more important some improvements around the process of getting nodes into Orion in a complete, documented and supported manner would be very welcome.

The feedback we are getting from our users, is that automating only part of the addition while helpful is still causing additional (but different) work. In effect sending it back down the production line for rework (Yes, I'm reading The Phoenix Project currently).

• We need to see an API capable of easily adding network names or IP's to discovery profiles then kick off those profile discovery jobs to auto add the node.

Thanks,

Christian

• I would like to see an easier or a proper way of adding volumes, because I'm still at a loss what is actually required.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to dvanzyl

You need to use the Discovery verbs and not the create the nodes to add volumes. There is a few caveats on this process, for this but it's totally doable. I found a Python example from tdanner and managed to make it work quickly following a few false starts when trying to use XML that was in some Perl examples.

What I've been working on for discovery will be part of st2contrib ​for StackStorm​ when the Pull Request is finished and merged. which I'm planning on posting about here in the near future.

• Hi Guys

Using the AP on version 12 has anyone com across a way to add new volumes to an already discovered node ? any help greatly appreciated

cheers

p