This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Java command Line - Remove out of Date JRE's

OK, from looking at this document, How do I arrange a silent (unattended) Java installation?  you can use the same config file options on the command line when installing JRE from the offline installer.

Hence, has anyone tried to edit the package and add the AUTOUPDATE=DISABLE and REMOVEOUTOFDATEJRES=1 to the Command line (Silent install) section of the package screen ?

• The default package from Solarwinds already does a silent install. That's the one I use and it always installs silently. I also duplicate the package and then modify it with Package Boot Editor to uninstall any older versions I may have out there since JRE8 doesn't uninstall previous versions of JRE8 by default.

Capture.JPG

• Hi stcain​, yes I kow it already does it silently....my point is that looking at the documents the being able to add REMOVEOUTOFDATEJRES=1 means you dont need to worry about removing previous versions as this will do it for you.

• I've been using the below switch successfully for the last few months to remove older versions of Java and it works like a charm.  I just duplicate the default package, and add the additional command.  Its much simpler than adding the various iterations of old Java versions in the Package Boot Editor.

/s REMOVEOUTOFDATEJRES=1