This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Login Failed for Service Account

We have created Windows service accounts for polling Windows servers and for polling SQL Servers.  These accounts have the proper rights and should be able to poll all Windows server correctly as it works on a few thousand with no problem.

I have SQL Server administrators telling me that one of the service account is throwing login failed errors when trying to poll two of the SQL Servers.  This leads me to believe the passwords might have been changed after these polling engines were put in place and may need changing on the pollers themselves.

Can someone tell me where these credentials are stored on the Orion polling engines?  I've checked under Applications and Services with no luck and decided they had to be stored in the application database.

There is no problem that i can see on any other servers being polled.

• Hi, I believe you refer to WMI credentials. If you wan't to change some of them globally for nodes using specific credentials set, you can do that via Credential manager in Settings section.

wmicreds.png

For particular nodes you can edit the credentials in Manage Nodes, choose them and click on Edit Node.

Regards,

Honza