This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Airgapped/Isolated Subnets in IPAM

FormerMember
FormerMember

We have several air-gapped networks all using static IP addresses.

I have IPAM connected to scan the main network and this is working well....

On another isolated network, we happen to have some subnets overlapping with the main network.

I created a group for that network, and imported all IPs from spreadsheet. I have disabled scanning on all subnets within this isolated group.

However... now that I imported the addresses from spreadsheet, it also modified the properties of the main subnet's IP addresses.

We are using IPAM purely as an IP DB for our static ranges. No DHCP server exists.

How can I isolate one (connected) 192.168.1.0/24 subnet from another (isolated) 192.168.1.0/24 subnet in IPAM?

Any records updated on let's say 192.268.1.15 in the isolated subnet should not affect the record of 192.168.1.15 in the live/connected subnet

Likewise, any ip address record in the connected subnet, which is updated by a scheduled scan, should not affect the record of the same IP address in my isolated group.

Any advice?

Thanks