3 of 3 people found this helpful
The licenses that you have do allow you to add an unlimited amount of nodes but as the environment scales you'll need to spread the polling load across additional polling engines. You can stack 3 APE with NPM and 2 with SAM. The rest of the modules wont stack.
Here is a link to our scalability guides that outline how each module scales.
Here is an executive summary of that doc.
Orion Additional Polling Engine (APE). Each polling engine can individually handle the following.
· NPM/ SAM: 12,000 Elements. Elements comprise of nodes, volumes and interfaces
· SAM: 10,000 – 12,000 components (specific application metrics)
· NTA: 50,000 netflow packets per second
· NCM: 10,000 device configurations
· VNQM: 5,000 IP SLA operations and 200,000 calls per day (20,000 calls/hr)
· UDT: 100,000 switch ports
Each deployment of Orion, with necessary polling engines and default polling rates can achieve. By elongating your polling cycle these max limits can be extended.
· NPM/SAM: 100,000 elements
· SAM: 150,000 components
· NTA: 300,000 flows per second
· NCM: 30,000 device configurations
· VNQM: 15,000 IP SLA operations and 200,000 calls per day
· UDT: 500,000 switch ports
· IPAM: 3,000,000 IP addresses