4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 7:17 AM by aboulton

DPA Evaluation license extention

aboulton

Hello,

I recieved a DPA evaluation license extention key today but am not sure exactly where to enter the key information.  I have tried in the following location

After logging into the DPA web client:

License Management>License Manager>Enter activation key

When I enter the key I recieved I an error message stating "The activation key you entered is not for this product".

Am I trying to enter the DPA evaluation license extention key in the correct location?

I have contacted our account manager about the issue but have not recieved an answer that has solved the issue yet.

Any assistance is appriciated.

Thank you

• Re: DPA Evaluation license extention
          jaminsql

Please make sure that the key is being entered in the correct field for Category 1 or Category 2

If you were not able to get this to work still it maybe that we need to investigate the key or the version installed for compatibility. Email CustomerService@solarwinds.com and describe the issue for a ticket and perhaps include the name of your account manager. This will allow customer service to loop them in if needed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              aboulton

thank you Jaminsql,

That is where I was entering the the key and recieving the error message.  I have a feeling there is something wrong with the key I recieved.  My account manager is having someone reach out to me just need to wait.  Thank you again for the answer.  At least I know Im not doing something worng on my end when entering the license key.

jaminsql

Might be the key was cut for the wrong version. DPA version 9.0 and 9.1 and greater keys were not compatible. So if the key was 9.0 and you're on anything above that version on the install that would be an issue.

I have also seen a few cases with temp or eval keys just not working correct but, that has been rare.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                aboulton

Jaminsql,

Thank you for the help.  After further review it looks like our account manager sent the wrong key.  I should have the correct key sometime today.  Thanks again for the assistance.