3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 1:53 PM by jeffguers

WHD and Netwrix ALE integration

jeffguers

I'm looking to set up an auto ticket from Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner to WHD in real time for when Windows user accounts are locked out. Currently I have the freeware program send real time emails into a folder in my email.  I understand this is easily done using WHD and other Orion products (NPM, SAM, NCM).  However due to budget, I would like to see if it is possible to use a non Solarwinds program and WHD.  In WHD, I have created a Client for Netwrix, and an Action Rule, but I am getting two errors every time a user gets locked out.  I have email enabled tickets checked in WHD.  Under Setup > Email > Incoming Email Accounts > Email History  I can see multiple time stamps with the Result 'Connection Successful' , however the messages are rejected.

Date CheckedResult

Messages ProcessedMessages Rejected

4/12/16

8:18 am

Connection Successful01

Undeliverable: ERROR: Your support request could not be processed

Status CodeINVALID_EMAIL_REQUEST

Account Locked Out: DOMAIN\user

Status CodeEMAIL_TICKETS_NOT_ALLOWED

It looks as if Netwrix is communicating with WHD, but WHD is not processing that real time event into a ticket.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

• Re: WHD and Netwrix ALE integration
          Steve Dolinsky

There are quite a few settings that could be causing this.

In Email -> Options, what is When ID in Subject Is Not Recognized set to?

In Tickets -> Options:

jeffguers
              When ID in Subject Is Not Recognized

Reject E-Mail    Create New Ticket

Client Required

Info Icon

Clients Can Create Tickets Using
              Web Interface E-Mail

Info Icon

These are the settings you are asking for.  We are in the early stages of building out our WHD and have not yet rolled this out company-wide.  When we do roll this out, we would prefer to only allow the clients the option to open tickets through the web interface.  This is to avoid the very common email 'problems' that come in currently with a subject of 'problem' and the message body in the email as 'problem'.

I will play around with these settings and post back with any results.  Thanks!

jeffguers

Sorry for the delay in responding.  But this did the trick.  Thanks for your help.