This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SRM - 3PAR Storage Latency Alerting

Ideally we want to report on 3PAR Storage Latency (as a whole, not on the individual LUNs)

• We can see this exposed to other systems such as 3PAR System Reporter, and SSMC but not SolarWinds SRM (ideally require this at the entire system level)
    • So best case this would be somewhere in SRM!

Approach #1 - Next best, I can see SRM has this at the individual LUN level

• I want to send alerts on these but only for 2 of the 3PARs we have, I can’t see how to do this as a filter (I require the LUN and StorageSystem to be available in the dropdown)
    • E.g. for an Application I can dive across to the Node properties and use them, but for LUN or StorageSystem I have to stay within this object type).
    • lun.jpg

Approach #2 - I notice you can do “Custom SQL” for Alets, but I don’t see an option in the dropdown for “Storage systems” or “Luns”.

As a workaround I do however see one for Polling Engines which allows me to join over to these tables.

When I run this query in my SWQL Studio I get 0 results, but in the alert interface it wants to alert:

This alert would be immediately triggered on 4 object(s) in alert scope

I appreciate I am not using the system as designed

lun2.PNG

Any help or pointers would be awesome, I would really like to have SRM as our single solution without requirement for other tools like System Reporter or SSMC.