This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

DPA, SQL Ineffective statistics firing on non existent table

Hey everyone,

We have the SQL Server Ineffective Statistics alert setup on a SQL Server environment.

It is sending an alert about ineffective statistics, on a table that I do not see in the database??

Where does this alert query to find the table information, and if a table no longer exits, why would an alert fire???

Thanks, any help would be much appreciated, getting sick of seeing these bogus emails filling up the inbox..

• Jason,

I think the version for SQL server 2005 may be different.

Here’s the 2008 / 12 / 14 version.

SELECT * FROM

(SELECT

object_name(i.id) tablename,i.name,

stats_date(i.id,i.indid) statsdate,

1. i.rowcnt,
    2. i.rowmodctr,
    3. s.no_recompute,
    4. sp.rows_sampled

FROM sys.sysindexes i with (NOLOCK)

LEFT OUTER JOIN sys.stats s with (NOLOCK)

ON i.name = s.name

CROSS APPLY sys.dm_db_stats_properties(s.object_id, s.stats_id) AS sp WHERE i.id > 100 AND i.indid > 0 AND i.rowcnt >= 5000 

AND cast(i.rowmodctr as decimal)/cast(i.rowcnt as decimal) >= .03 

AND s.name not like '_WA_Sys_%' AND last_updated <= GETDATE()- 1 )WHERE statsdate is not null

• Thanks for the SQL.

I have not had to dive into SQL Server objects too much in my past, then tend to typically just run and perform.

This particular object was a view, not a table, even though it called out a Table as the object...

So, I did find the object and have since updated statistics on it...

Thanks!