This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Backup Interfaces and Switch Interfaces

I have two related questions regarding interface monitoring.

First, from what I hear it sounds like I can't disable monitoring of specific interfaces in Orion. We have a lot of routers with backup interfaces that should normally be down. Will Orion always report those interfaces as down? I'm concerned that almost all of my routers will always appear to be in a 'red' status because an interface is down. If all of my other interfaces are green and only the backup is down, I want that node to show up as green with no red.

Second, what about switch ports? Are my switch ports going to turn red every time a user powers down their PC? I really don't care about the individual status of switch ports; I'm more concerned with the status of the switch itself. Can we disable monitoring of L2 interfaces?

Thanks!
John
Parents Reply Children
No Data