This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Getting Started With VNQM In Large Cisco Environment Without IP SLA

We have a large Cisco Call Manager VOIP Network. We do not use Cisco Routers so the IP SLA functions of VNQM are not applicable. However, I think the others functions such as monitoring 1 Publisher and 2 Subscribers along with the 80 or so voice gateways would be a benefit. Also having access to the CDR from the Cisco Call Manger should help with troubleshooting. We have over 2000 registered phones so not sure this is robust enough to monitor all of them at the same time. I would be interested in hearing how someone with a similar Cisco VOIP deployment this size uses VNQM. Thanks in advance.

• I worked for a company with probably 7 subscribers and at least 8,000 phones with no issues in VNQM. I don't recall any performance decreases or slowdowns of any kind.

• I believe this should not be a problem, you are correct, you will get CMR/CDR data and PRI information on your voice gateway for this. Having that said, I do not see any problem on your deployment on your VNQM. We have 3 PUB with 2 subs each and almost have 8k phones registered and it does not see any performance or any issue that slows down our Solarwinds server and SQL server. This is regards that we designed our server with enough resource buffer in such cases of new product integration or upgrades.