A couple of things to check (before carrying out any of these, ensure you have a backup of your Orion database!):
- On your Primary Polling Engine, run the SolarWinds License Manager app and confirm that all licensing information is correctly shown.
- If you have not yet done so, reboot your PPE, and check if this helps things.
- Again on the PPE, run the Configuration Wizard, and on the page that asks you what to repair, check the box next to "services" and allow it to complete.
Hopefully one of these three steps will resolve the issue before support gets back to you, but if not I'm sure you'll be in good hands!
Hello, it's hard to guess, but until the support takes a look at your issue:
1. Make sure the NetBios name is resolvable to the primary IP and vice versa. Otherwise add the record to the Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file.
2. Try to repair environmental permissions by c:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\OrionPermissionChecker.exe
3. Check Collector.Service.log (c:\Users\All Users\Solarwinds\Collector\Logs\) and BusinessLayerHost.log (c:\Users\All Users\Solarwinds\Logs\Orion\). Maybe you'll find something, which will help you to identify the root cause (e.g. licensing, some module misconfiguration), which help also the support to resolve your issue earlier.
What's your ticket number?
*If licensing is in tact;
What kind of app errors are showing in the server logs? This may point you to a certain component, rather than running a blanket 'repair' with the config wizard
SW should have it's own section - other related apps such at .net or system issues may show in the windows or sys logs as well.
If you have more than 1 server can you poll from the other box for more details... Also what modules and versions might you have installed?