This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

problem with installation nta 4.1.2 flow storage database

HI,

I have a working solution with npm 11.5. I now try to install nta. With the installation of the nta flow storage database, which I install on a seperate clean Windows 2012R2 server. Problem happens at the end of the installation, where the service cannot start. I receive the following error :  "starting of solarwinds NTA flow storage Service failed"

When I see in the installation logs ,

IN the preinstallchecker I find the following : "

ERROR SolarWinds.Netflow.Utils.RegistryHelper - Error while deleting register: Software\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlow Traffic Analyzer\MsiInstallFinished. Error: System.ArgumentException: No value exists with that name.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)"

In the NTA_4.1.2_MSI_Install_Log I notice every time iSwapAttrib member = 0

rogram Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\FastBit.Lib.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

MSI (c) (90:4C) [21:45:04:958]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\FastbitCLR.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

MSI (c) (90:4C) [21:45:04:958]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\pthreadVC2x64.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

MSI (c) (90:4C) [21:45:04:958]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\fastbit-ibis-sources.zip' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

MSI (c) (90:4C) [21:45:04:958]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\SolarWinds.Orion.Common.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

MSI (c) (90:4C) [21:45:04:958]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\SolarWinds.Orion.Security.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

MSI (c) (90:4C) [21:45:04:958]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\SolarWinds.Netflow.Installer.Common.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

MSI (c) (90:4C) [21:45:04:958]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Common.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

MSI (c) (90:4C) [21:45:04:958]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Strings.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

MSI (c) (90:4C) [21:45:04:958]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\SolarWinds.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

MSI (c) (90:4C) [21:45:04:958]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\SolarWinds.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.x64.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

MSI (c) (90:4C) [21:45:04:958]: WIN64DUALFOLDERS: Substitution in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\log4net.dll' folder had been blocked by the 1 mask argument (the folder pair's iSwapAttrib member = 0).

Herebya screenshot of  the error that I receive

Anybody has idea how to fix this ?

Greetz,

Johannta1.png