This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Group Availability Option?

Hello All,

I'm trying to modify a view to include availability. Now the only option i'm getting is "Availability of Each Node" as the only option but I need them grouped. Any ideas how to get this done? I'm new to SW and still learning the tool. Please advise.

Goal is to get the last month availability by groups.

Thank you in advance!

• I am assuming that you are using Orion - ??   In order to pull "group" information, you must first set up your groups.  Go to Settings on the Orion Home page, Under Node and Group Management - select Group Management - and Add New Group - you will be able to make as many groups as you need to.  Once you define the group, you can add - then you will be able to pull statistics from that group.  If you need some screen shots, let me know.. this is a pretty simple process ... then ... if those groups are in a geographical area ... you can put it on a map (Green is good Red is bad)!  Let me know if this is helpful.

pastedImage_0.png

• Thank you Zennifer for your reply.

How would I be able to get those groups on a view on my home summary page to monitor the availability of them?

• On your summary / Home page - at the top right hand corner (down just a bit down) - click on Customize page:

You can select the number of columns, the width, and what to display in the columns  - as you can see below - I have All Nodes - then All Groups

pastedImage_0.png

Small snip of the Nodes/ Groups (of Nodes)

pastedImage_1.png

• Thank you for the response...I have that set up already...

pastedImage_0.png

I just need this

pastedImage_1.png

but I would like to see it grouped instead of this.

pastedImage_2.png

Any idea how to accomplish that?

• I have an idea ... but I suck at SQL.  So ... the best I can do ... is point you in the right direction, my basic attempt this morning did not produce any results, nor did I consult with a DBA.... so...with that being said... Where you have Availability of Each Node, click on Edit - you can create / apply a SQL query to present GroupStatus -

Expand - Show list of node properties, and Show List of interface Properties.  This would be a basic view only - I don't think you could expand the groups to show the group membership.

pastedImage_0.png

Or - there is a selection - Groups with Problems - you could change the name to Group Status - and select what you want presented:

pastedImage_2.png

Will present this: - but you don't have the ability to expand

pastedImage_4.png

• Thank you for your time on this matter. I'm going to need to mess around with SQL and i'm not that strong in it. Seems to be the only way to accomplish what I need to see. Instead of seeing each node I'd like to see it sectioned into groups with the availability displayed.