I used Varonis in a previous life (roughly 16 months ago). Here is my opinion.
2. Great tool, has the ability to dig deep and provide great insights.
3. User interface is not too user friendly.
4. Setup is a a beast.
5. Reporting takes a while to refine.
6. SolarWinds has more templates that are really off-the-shelf ready to use than Varonis.
7. It takes a while to collect data that can be correlated for real use. Lengthening the usefulness during the implementation phase. LEM... ready to go.
8. It works well with exchange, AD and Sharepoint. Email reporting of incidents similar to LEM.
Advise.... see if they will give you a 90 trial....
I have not used Varonis, but I do use solarwinds. It does come with a lot of templates and is really easy to setup. It is also user friendly. It is not complicated to use and understand.